We are really pleased to be able to initiate this bursary programme for SWF full member clubs to support the development of competitive play in the region.
- Bursaries will be available to defray the costs of attending CA qualification courses for coaches and referees.
- Bursaries may also be available to defray the costs of developing handicapping and tournament management skills.
The aims of programme are
- To increase the number of qualified coaches and referees in the SWF region
- To improve and standardise the quality of handicapping in the SWF region
- To increase the number of tournament managers in the SWF region
Amount of payment available
- Successful applications will be re-imbursed at the rate of 20p per mile
- This will be paid for one car only per course
- Applications must be submitted and supported by the individual member’s club
- The club must be a full member of the SWF
- The course must take place within the SWF region
What we ask in return
- We will encourage anyone who receives the bursary to use their skills within the SWF region rather than just within their club
- Applications should be sent to the SWF secretary and contain the following information
- Contact details for the supporting club
- Contact details for the member
- Details of the course to be attended
- Statement of how the club and member will benefit from the course – how the skills learnt will be used
- Statement of how the wider SWF region might benefit from this
- The committee will make a decision – this should take no more than one week as it will normally be made by email discussion – and inform the club
- Payment will normally be made on successful attainment of the qualification – this may not be the same as the date of the course
- Where there is no qualification e.g. handicapping, payment will be made on receipt of a statement from the club that the course / event has been attended and that the member is using their skills within the club